Saturday, September 16, 2006

September 16, 2006

Now I *know* that Jehovah reigns (I declare it in one of my favorite hymns “Our God Reigns”) but it sometimes *feels* like chaos reigns. Albert and I got our first resident and the very next morning we found out that the new owners of the ranch are buying out everyone’s leases, including our own. Yes, Cascade Ranch has sold. For the past seventeen years my dad has managed the ranch for the owner who lives in Chicago, and Dad has been instrumental in developing the town and surrounding area. Now that it has sold, every renter has been given notice and every lessee has been offered a buy out. Lake Creek and Cascade Ranch are changing forever.
Albert and I are looking into purchasing an existing foster care home in Ruch (about 4 blocks from Applegate Christian Fellowship for those who know the area). It is an 8 bedroom, 3,000 square foot, 4 bath house on half an acre. It would come as-is, fully furnished and, if they chose to stay, it has four residents already living there. Add our new resident and we’d have five, the maximum allowed. The whole thing looks promising, but the stress of these past few months added on to the new stress of moving has formed a tidal wave of emotions and hormones that threaten to overwhelm me at times. It is a good thing that I am married to a man who can stand firm for me to lean on.

Silas is still doing well physically and mentally. He is beginning to reach for objects and has actually eaten a quarter of a banana twice (Praise God!!!!). He definitely feels the stress though, and is getting clingy to Mommy. This makes it difficult to get anything done, but it swells my heart to have him see me from across the room, recognize that he is not in my arms, and whimper for me.
Well, I am going to run now. I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the happenings in the Kyne household. I am truly sorry I haven’t been able to return emails personally for a while, but please know that I appreciate everyone’s kind words of encouragement and continuing prayers. Just as soon as I get an opportunity, I will reply!

Take care, and may God send blessings to each of you.
~Tanaya~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home