Thursday, November 27, 2008

11-27-08 Thanksgiving day... Am I thankful?!?

Silas' results from the sleep deprivation brain scan are not in yet. We are going in next Mon. to get labs drawn and one other thing done that I can't remember at the moment. THAT should be fun!

I am grateful that we have a wonderful dentist who's primary goal is to keep kids comfortable with the dentist. He managed to convince Silas that he needed to chase the sugarbugs around with the toothbrush and then paint the "sugarbug poop" off his teeth (paint on the fluoride). That is about as far as it went and took about 6 min. Silas has a mouth full of cavities. {(sigh)} In part it is due to all the medications he was on in the NICU and the trauma he suffered when his body should have been creating enamel on his teeth. Another contributor is his oral aversion and we have only recently (after age 2) been able to do any significant teeth brushing with him and only 3 times have I been able to floss more than 1 tooth. Anyway, he now says in his prayers, "Thank-you God, for dentist and poop off my teeth." EWWWW! I hope I don't ever have to explain that one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home