Wednesday, June 18, 2008

6-18-08 Tragedy strikes again...

Steven Curtis Chapman has lost his 5 year old daughter, Maria, just days after her 5th birthday. The family had just celebrated their oldest daughter's engagement and were about to celebrate their son's graduation. Please pray for this dedicated, god-loving family. They have been a living testimony of God's love and have inspired and comforted numerous people with their music.

To read more about Maria and the family, goto:

blogsite

SCChapman website

Death is a universal language. It knows no prejudice for color, social status, wealth, poverty, location, language, ethnicity or living situation. It is a horror that nips at the heels of every living being until we are at last gathered to our Father's arms. Our only hope is in the Lord.

Psalm 31:7-10 "I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place. Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief. My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak."

Isaiah 40:28-31 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

The Lord, Himself, watched as His only son was murdered and died at the hands of wicked man; He knows the pain more acutely than we can ever experience it. He is more grief stricken over a child's death than even the mother and father of that child. He is our comfort. He is our solace. He is our God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home