Wednesday, November 28, 2007

11-28-07 A Pox on Me.

So we get up Thursday morning, finish packing our things, and say good-bye to Daddy (for the first Thanksgiving since I married him) and head to the coast to spend a long weekend with my parents. In the midst of all the hub-bub, Savannah complains of a sore, scratchy throat and shows me this bump on the back of her neck. I assume that it must be a bug bite, give her a honey/lemon concoction for her throat and away we go.

We had a lovely supper with Dad, Mom, Caleb (brother), Lisa and their three kids, Joshua, Jasmine and Luke. The children played well with one another and adults got to visit. Fast forward to Friday morning. Savannah woke up with a fever, raging sore throat and covered in spots. (This her second time getting them so I am quite surprised.) Also, since none of Caleb and Lisa's kids have had them and neither has Jerusha or Silas, I am assuming that it is only a matter of time before we will be known as the spotted family. Ugh!

Our long weekend has turned into a 10 day visit so far. We don't want to expose our elderly people to chicken pox, so we are staying with my parents at the coast since they've already been exposed. And the cherry on the cake is that Silas, who has been down right miserable, has cut all four of his eye teeth at once... let the cranky, watery eyes, the snot-filled nose, and the slimy slobber flow!!!

Other than all the sickness distractions, we've been having a wonderful break from the house and all the work that seems to multiply in our adult foster care home every time I turn around. We are down to three residents at the moment, so it is a very manageable number. However, we are remodeling one of the bedrooms (adding a closet and window bench-seat with drawers underneath) -- as well as replacing the carpet with laminante in three of the rooms and trying to complete the new half bath -- so there is never a dull moment. Come to think of it, there is rarely even a quiet moment let alone a dull one.

We are planning on going to Portland Dec. 7 to spend a few days having fun as a family. I also want to visit with Becky whose Joshua will be gone for one year exactly on Dec. 8th. There is a new CDH survivor who made her debut on Oct. 28th at Legacy (and seems to be doing well) who I will get to meet for the first time as well. I can't wait! And if her mommy won't mind, I'll post a picture of her when I get back.

For now, I'll just count my blessings as teeth emerge, and pox disappear.

1 Comments:

At 11/28/2007 5:39 PM, Blogger The Goddess G said...

Oh man! Sending you lots of hugs...well wishes...and good thoughts. Hopefully everyone is better and de-spotted soon!!!
~Carole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home