Tuesday, May 20, 2008

05-20-08 Tag, I'm it.

I was tagged by Carole and thought it would be interesting...

The rules:
1. Link to the tagger and post these rules on your blog.
B. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some weird, some random.
III. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Lastly, let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1.) I am sad alot. My motto has always been "Laugh at life or life will laugh at you." I seem happy and upbeat to many people, but it is all a cover, a distraction from how I really feel. I am sad alot.

2.) I hate it when people don't like me. I like people so much and try so hard to make them comfortable and at ease that if they don't like me back, I feel totally rejected. And yeah, I know... I shouldn't get my worth from others' opinions of me, but hey, what can I say.

3.) I still scream when I am startled by a spider. I have had arachnophobia since I was in grade school and occasionally still have nightmares about them. They always represent some terrible evil when they are in my dreams.

4.) I don't like to sleep. Unless I am so exhausted that I don't dream. (Not necessarily connected to #3, but I'm sure spider dreams don't help!) Also, I used to think sharks were under my bed. I would leap onto the bed (after shutting the light off) and make sure I was curled in a ball in the middle of the bed and wait, holding my breath. If I heard even I creak that I didn't recognize, I'd lie frozen in terror that the sharks would get me... go figure.

5.) I am afraid every day that I am not a good mother to my children and wonder if it is an injustice that they got stuck with me as their mom. They are why I breathe, and yet, they are also why I have a hard time breathing. Their love is so complete and unconditional. Ninety percent of the time I fail to be worthy of that love.

6.) I love that my husband smells good. Since I met him, he has always worn cologne, but even when he doesn't, I love to bury my nose in his neck and just breathe.

7.) I absolutely detest roller coasters! Why anyone would want to deliberately scare the crap out of themselves and call it fun, is beyond me. Personally, I think that they have suicidal tendencies and everyone who climbs aboard a roller coaster after handing the operator a ticket should then be handed a coupon for a psyche evaluation when they disembark. Just my opinion, of course.

And there you have it... seven weird, random things about me that you probably didn't know before.

Now, who would I like to know more about. Hmmm, who can I tag...

JoAnn
Jen
Catherine
Dejah
Melissa
Aytekin
Teri

2 Comments:

At 5/22/2008 7:57 AM, Blogger Carole said...

Tanaya...I love it!!!
I so relate to #5...they are why I breathe and why I have a hard time breathing. You are a good mom...and all of those who have come into contact with you are truly blessed.
~Carole

 
At 6/02/2008 12:48 AM, Blogger Jenn M said...

Your #1 makes me sad but I'm glad you shared. I had to laugh at your spider screams because I have just recently stopped screaming but I still lose my breath when I see one!

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home