Sunday, May 21, 2006

May 21, 2006

Doesn't Silas look great in his Gammy's arms? The picture from before where he is smiling is in his Papa's arms and, as usual, my children always do their first smile for their Papa.

This morning I am pleased to report that Silas has not once had his meals gavaged in 24 hours. That is, he has eaten all his meals not had them squished into his tummy through the NG tube. Yeah! However, this has taken quite a toll on me. I am completely exhausted. I am stumbling when I walk and slurring my words like a drunkard. I am so relieved that Albert will be back around noon. He will take over the Silas vigil and I'll get some much needed sleep. It is hard to leave our little bear because, as knowledgeable and nice as the nurses are, they are not his advocate. They do not have the time to spend hours holding him trying to coax him to eat. They will try for a bit, then gavage the rest of the milk. It takes too much time away from the other babies. Anyway, he is doing well and I look forward to crawling into my own bed with Silas curled next to me awaking when HE is hungry, not when the hospital schedule says he should eat. He is gaining weight every day and that is what is so important. He is now almost 10 pounds 8 ounces. He has passed his birth weight!

Love to all, Tanaya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home