Wednesday, April 04, 2007

April 3, 2007 I should know better. . .

Okay, so I *should* know better, but hey, I said I’d do it again and I have. I insanely took Jerusha into the Wal-Mart dressing room. (There should be some sort of drum roll or a dramatic theme song played at this point.) She is pulling on her shirt looking at her neck in the mirror. . .

Mommy: Jerusha, what are you doing?

Jerusha (matter-of-factly): I’m trying to see my breasts.

Mommy: Excuse me?!?

Jerusha lifting her shirt up to her neck exclaims: There they are!

Mommy, beginning to feel the color creep up my neck and into my face: Roosha! Shoosh!

Jerusha in a resigned but none-the-less loud voice: Boy, they sure are small boobies. I can tell you that for sure!

Mommy, trying to think if I packed any Duct tape in my purse this morning: Jerusha! Turn around, put your nose in the corner, and don’t open your lips!

Jerusha with a sigh: I never get to open my lips.

I think my children were designed to bring about humbleness in my character through thorough embarrassment. Sigh.

This is a quick rundown of life in the Kyne family for the next couple weeks:We are headed to Portland to visit Nanette (Silas’ NICU girlfriend- isn't she gorgeous!) and her family in Portland.

We will also see Becky, Joshua’s mommy, in Salem and hopefully a few other NICU friends as well. Albert and I are taking the kid’s to the enchanted forest on Sat before heading home. If you’ve never been, it is a wonderful, hands-on, little theme park. www.enchantedforest.com If you are ever in the vicinity with younger kids, this is a must stop.

Then, the following weekend, I will take three of the children (Savannah gets to stay with Aunty Kate and then Aunty Shahala so she can continue school) and we will spend a week with my parents at the coast. I am exhausted and *NEED* to get away for a while.

Here are a couple pictures of Silas getting his haircut; his baby curl is almost 7 inches long :-)Big brother Micah kept him occupied while I took pictures and my favorite hairdresser in the whole wide world cut his hair. Thank-you Carla!

These were the pictures that Rachel, Judah's mommy, took before we got his hair cut.

So that is what the plan is for the next little while. At least that is what the plan is, and we all know what God likes to do with our plans . . . Change them! So I should end by saying, God willing, that is our plan.

Love to all! ~Tanaya~

1 Comments:

At 4/04/2007 8:03 AM, Blogger The Goddess G said...

Too funny about the dressing room...well...funny because it wasn't me this time. lol Silas is SO cute...and his little gf...cute too. I say an arranged marriage is in order. lol
~Carole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home