Sunday, May 13, 2007

May 13, 2007 Rainbow Memories

This is a poem I wrote for Jolee Jean and her mom, Krista. Jolee's birthday is in a few days and her angel day is shortly after. I miss you JJ. You are thought of fondly in my home and every rainbow reminds my children and me that you are a precious spirit not too far away. I can't wait to meet you again in heaven.

Just another long day

On this great rock.

Life marches on;

Eternity won’t stop.

Every moment that you’re gone


Just sears me to the core

Even though I comprehend

An angel plays on heaven’s floor.

No gentle caress or


Snuggles while you sleep

Can mend my heart

Or console me as I weep.

Tender touches from your sweet hands,

Toes to count and tickle;


Rainbows, instead, are all I have

Ain’t life kind of fickle?

I miss my child, my gentle babe,

No one can replace her,

Because you’re gone, my soul is torn

Oh my precious daughter.

With my God’s abundant grace


My thoughts, I pray, will brighten.

Everyday is that much closer when

My memories will no longer frighten.

Our hearts and hands will be entwined,

Rainbows dancing all around;

I will hold you in my arms;

Earth will fade and heaven be found.

So smile, Jolee, your Mommy loves you.

1 Comments:

At 5/14/2007 1:19 PM, Blogger The Goddess G said...

That is just so beautiful...and something I know Krista will treasure forever.
~Carole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home