Tuesday, August 28, 2007

08-28-07 Three's

So why does it seem that everything major always happens in threes? Sometimes it is wonderful, like when I found out I was pregnant with Silas. Then Lisa, my brother Caleb’s wife, found out she was pregnant with Luke, and then my sister, Shahala, found out she was pregnant with her first, Zion. But then there are times like yesterday… Shahala, who is pregnant with baby number two, has been hemorrhaging for a couple days and we are unsure of the status of Baby. Then I had to rush Silas to the ER because he decided to taste test some dishwasher detergent when someone left the cabinet unlocked. (Oh, what I wouldn’t have given for a little oral aversion at that moment, let me tell you!) On my way in, I called Mom who informed me that she had just spoken to Caleb, and Lisa was rushing their son, Luke, into the ER for stitches because he had split open his head. (The little turkey came toddling out of the bedroom with a grin spread across his adorable face and blood pouring from the laceration crossing his eyebrow after he was jumping on the bed. It turned out that all they needed to do was put some crazy glue on it to hold it together, thank goodness.) Again I pose the question, why threes? I am not a superstitious person, but it does seem uncanny.

Silas is fine, by the way. One nurse told me that little kids are like goats; they can eat just about anything and be okay. We also bumped into Paul, the ER doc who performed CPR on our little bear when he was born. For some reason I am always shocked that he isn’t 6’10” with a 3’ wide chest. I think that because he helped save Silas’ life and I am so in awe of that, that I just have a grandiose picture of him in my mind.

We also stopped in at the birth center where Silas’ before and after pictures are still up on the board. We didn’t get to see Kathy this time, but we did chat with some of the other wonderful ladies working there. We also said hello to Susan, the lactation consultant, who is an absolute dynamo. If anyone EVER needs help with a breastfeeding issue, I would send them to her faster than they could blink. If she doesn’t know an answer to something, she will find out! That is it for now. I must finish getting ready to go do the “back-to-school” shopping for which I have no money and am in no mood…Yay me. Oh well, the kids always have fun.

1 Comments:

At 8/28/2007 6:58 PM, Blogger The Goddess G said...

Tanaya,
Glad to know that Silas is okay. I'm praying for you sister and baby and hoping that everything works out alright.

Thank you thank you thank you a millions times thank you for the poem that you wrote. I have read it so many times. Beautiful beyond belief!
With Love,
~Carole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home