Saturday, July 14, 2007

July 14, 2007 To hell in a handbasket.

There is real evil in the world. Those that do not think so are blind. Don't get me wrong, there are wonderful, exciting, beautiful, *good* things as well... But there is also evil. I've heard today that one of the infants from Legacy Emanuel (where we stayed in the NICU with Silas for those excruciating 7 weeks) has died. He was not taken by a frailty of his own; on the contrary he survived a traumatic birth in the backseat of a car in a hospital's parking lot nearly three months prior to his due date. He overcame staggering obstacles to be discharged to his mother's care over three months later. I was privileged to babysit him when he was discharged and his mom needed to pack up her things at the Ronald McDonald House and didn't have anyone to help her. I got to hold him and cuddle him and feel my heart race with hope. And now he is gone. Landon was rushed to the hospital unconscious with "obvious head trauma" by EMT's after they were called to his home Friday morning. He died on Saturday from his injuries. His mother and her boyfriend are being questioned in his death.

His was an innocent, precious life that didn't just leave this earth, but was ripped from it. I have been confused and grief stricken, shocked and despairing over the many, many deaths of precious babies this past year, but with this death I am furious. I am so angry I cannot see through the red blaze of it. The one responsible for his death should be burned at the stake and condemned to roast in the fiery furnace of Hell for all eternity! At this point I would not mind at all if God asked me to be the one to deliver them to that place of eternal torment. Tonight I am nearly consumed by hatred. I want God to destroy them NOW! I don't remember ever feeling this intensely with such fury and rage. How could someone do this? How can anyone be so cruel? They are evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home